Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Garrick Davis-Love In Vain



Number 3 of my first 104 Videos!  I first heard this song performed by The Rolling Stones on their "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" live album and "Let It Bleed". I didn't hear the original until around 2003 but I'm still partial to the live Stones version because of the great Mick Taylor solo.

I learned to sing "Love In Vain" the 'hard way', using the emotional turmoil I was getting through at the time of this video performance.  It's now a staple of my live show. I recorded a version I am very proud of for my upcoming acoustic album "The Good Road" as well. The track can be heard at www.garrickdavis.com under Music -> "The Good Road" -> Love In Vain or copy and paste garrickdavis.bandcamp.com into your browser.

Comment, "Like", Share, Enjoy...Please!
Embrace Love & Change ~ GD

No comments: